Vision Communities is seeking an experienced Construction Superintendent to oversee the construction of multi-family properties in the greater Columbus area. Vision Communities is a fast-growing developer and manager of Class A properties
The superintendent is responsible for all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget, while maintaining the highest quality. The superintendent will also supervise all trade contractors’ field personnel and maintain strong relationships with customers, representatives, trade contractors, suppliers, consultants and fellow employees. The individual will maintain, promote and administer up-to-date, compliant construction safety practices with all on-site construction activities. The superintendent will maintain the job site office and close out projects.
- Coordinates all site activities.
- Reviews and understands the project plans, specifications and the Company system.
- Promptly advises the Project Manager of errors, problems in the plans and specifications.
- Assists the Project Manager in the completion of the project startup check list.
- Communicate to the Project Manager regarding the project schedule.
- Works with the Project Manager to update the construction schedule.
- Promptly advises the Project Manager if the project is deviating significantly from the construction schedule.
- Arranges for timely delivery of materials.
- Determines the manpower and equipment requirements to maintain the current schedule for both the Company and the trade contractors.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget and with quality workmanship.
- Reviews the project with the Project Manager and Owner.
- Have weekly meetings with the Project Manager, as well as, trade contractors.
- Schedules all required inspections to ensure the continual progression of the project.
- Supervises trade contractors and ensures that the contractors are conforming to the plans and specifications.
- Inspects the quality of the contractors’ work.
- Closes out the project.
- Assists in the completion of the punch list and follows through with the completion of the items listed.
- Assists in the completion of the pre-occupancy checklist.
- Participates in the project turn over to Property Management.
- Promotes job site safety.
- Encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains the entire job site, including the office.
- Maintains good working relationships with the customer, subcontractors, suppliers, and consultants.
- Provides a positive company image.
- Maintain good relations with other employees.
Experience & Skills
- 10+ years’ experience working with multi-family home construction
- In-depth understanding of construction requirements for similar style property builds
- Ability to effectively manage timelines and project requirements for subcontractors
Resumes may be submitted via the form below. Please fill in all form fields.