Leasing Professional Job Summary
Vision Communities is a fast growing property management company, located in Central Ohio. We are seeking talented and dedicated individuals to join our team in the role of Leasing Agents at our large brand new Lease-up Class A property located in Columbus, Ohio.
Apartment Leasing Agent Job Description
The Apartment Leasing Agent is responsible for effectively leasing and marketing to promote the positive image of the apartment community and management company. The leasing agent would also be expected to assist management with resident programs, retention, and problem resolution.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Mathematical skills (in order to calculate rent, payments, fees, etc).
- Excellent telephone and communication skills.
- Knowledge of computing (Email, Microsoft Office)
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Property management and/or sales experience required.
- Prior Class A property or previous lease up experience is a plus but not required.
- Weekends are required
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of the apartment community, amenities and surrounding area.
- Provides a daily inspection of model apartments and clubhouse.
- Handles all aspects of leasing apartments, including greeting prospective residents, touring the community, closing the sale, processing applications in a timely manner, typing leases, following up with prospects, obtains signatures for completion of leases/paperwork prior to move-in.
- Consistently documents prospect phone and email contacts; accurately completes our market survey.
- Maintains an acceptable closing ratio.
- Shopping scores are consistently acceptable.
- Replies to email leads, Live Chat messages, and voicemail messages within 4 hours of receiving.
- Collects and secures rental payments.
- Produces reports in a timely, accurate, and complete manner.
- Assist in Craigslist marketing; Monitors the accuracy of advertisements and takes appropriate action to correct
- Accurately and consistently documents traffic marketing sources.
- Assist in leasing events, resident events, and promotions.
- Adheres to company policies.
- Maintains organized office and filing system.
- Maintains working knowledge of Fair Housing laws, rules, and regulations concerning apartment leasing and management.
- Handles or assists in the receiving, recording, preparation, and follow up of maintenance service requests.
- Assists in the inspections of vacant apartments and takes appropriate action to prepare them for leasing.
- Promotes resident retention by assisting with the renewal program.
- Performs daily inspection of common areas and community amenities.
- Reports any observed maintenance problem.
- Must stay informed and comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Must adhere to and comply with company safety policies and rules and utilize safety appliances, as required.
- Must always be courteous and helpful to residents, prospective residents and co-workers.
- Must have reliable transportation in order to conduct market surveys, attend meetings, visit area businesses, purchase and pick up supplies for resident and community functions.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- Must be available for overtime, weekend, and some holidays.
- Must be willing to be assigned to other Vision Communities managed properties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
If you feel confident that you are qualified to handle these responsibilities, please click here to submit an application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Resumes may be submitted via the form below. Please fill in all form fields.