Few people enjoy laundry. Full. Stop. Every step seems like a chore —emptying the hamper, sorting the items, running the machine, drying, and even worse, folding and putting everything away. Use these hacks to alleviate some of the pain points associated with clothing and linens maintenance.
- Add a towel to the dryer. Add a clean, dry bath or beach towel to the dryer when you run a full load, especially if you are drying other towels. The additional towel absorbs excess moisture, which results in shorter drying time. This is a hack that professional laundry services use all the time.
- Spray clothes with vodka for an instant refresh. Fill a spray bottle with some of the cheap stuff and mist your less-than-fresh clothes for one more wearing. Just don’t overdo it, so you don’t smell like you’ve just come in from an all-nighter at the bars.
- Get a laundry folder. A laundry folder is a flat plastic gadget that you use to fold shirts and other items neatly and compactly, to reduce wrinkles. As a bonus, you’ll save space in your closets and drawers. You can purchase laundry folders online from multiple retailers.
- Trade in your dryer sheets for dryer balls. Wool dryer balls are on point right now. You toss them in the dryer with your wet stuff and let them work their magic. They reduce drying time because air circulates better. You can add a few drops of essential oil to the dryer balls to release your favorite scent.
- Hand wash items in a salad spinner. Most people have a salad spinner sitting around. It can act as a mini agitator for handwashing delicate items. Simply fill the salad spinner with water and a small amount of detergent and spin away.
- Iron clothes with a flat iron. Sounds crazy, but it works. A flat iron is perfect for getting in-between buttons on the placket of a shirt or blouse. It also works great for smoothing out hems in a hurry. Just make sure the flat iron is clean of any product build-up.
These hacks are great in a pinch and many of them can be used with items you already have in your apartment. While they won’t eliminate the need to do regular laundry, ironing, and mending, they can certainly pinch hit when you’re in a hurry. Try them and see what other laundry hacks you can come up with on your own!
Laundry Appliances are Standard at Vision Community
At Vision Communities, we have floor plans to fit any budget or family size. Our spacious, studio, 2 bedroom, and 3 bedroom apartment layouts provide cozy space plus full size washers and dryers to do your laundry in your apartment. Check out our luxurious apartment floorplans in one of our communities and enjoy life at the VC.
Schedule a tour today and see why Vision Communities is a great place to live.