Spring is finally here and it’s a great time to give your apartment a deep cleaning. While it’s fun (said nobody), if you try a few hacks and get your roommates to pitch in, it can alleviate the drudgery and cut the time you spend cleaning in half. It’s worth repeating, but you really will feel a lot better once you’ve gotten rid of stuff and cleaned up. Open the windows to air the place out and get to work!
- Declutter and put away winter stuff. Now is the time to pack up all your sweaters, heavy coats, boots, etc., and store them away. It’s also a great opportunity to get rid of items that you no longer wear or use. Get some boxes for “keep,” “discard,” and “donate.” It will feel great to donate to charity and you will free up valuable space in your apartment.
- Stock up on supplies. Now is the time to take a quick inventory of what you need. Make sure you have a multi-purpose cleaner, microfiber cloths, trash bags, and rubber gloves. Empty and clean the vacuum canister. Use a shower caddy to hold all of your cleaning supplies to make it easier to transport everything from room to room.
- Try natural cleaning solutions. If you don’t want to use any chemicals in your apartment, opt for solutions made of vinegar, baking soda, and lemon. The combinations are unlimited. You can find plenty of recipes online on how to mix these ingredients for numerous cleaning applications.
- Work from room to room, top to bottom. By tackling one room at a time, the project won’t feel so overwhelming. You can spray down the tub/shower, toilet, and countertops and let the solutions soak in while you work in other rooms. Dust ceiling fans and furniture first, then vacuum last.
- Go big or go home. Meaning … this is a good time to hit those forgotten areas like baseboards and behind furniture. If you’re feeling extra ambitious, you can also clean out the fridge and cabinets. Collect any nonperishable food items that you bought during the winter and haven’t used and donate them to a local food pantry.
And when you’re all finished, you and your roommates can enjoy a cold (or hot) drink and sit back and bask in the satisfaction you feel. If you follow a daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning maintenance schedule, your apartment will stay clean all summer and you won’t need to deep clean again until fall.
Find a New Apartment in a Vision Community
At Vision Communities, we have floor plans to fit any budget or family size. Our spacious, studio, 2 bedroom, and 3 bedroom apartment layouts provide cozy space. Check out our luxurious apartment floorplans in one of our communities and enjoy life at the VC.
Schedule a tour today and see why Vision Communities is a great place to live.